ST. LOUIS — A stubborn insistence to avoid making any big changes to his rebuilding project ensures Jeff Fisher must make progress in 2015.The Rams made Frank Cignetti’s promotion from quarterbacks coach to offensive coordinator official Friday, confirming their offense won’t look significantly different next fall. But if results don’t improve for a group that failed to crack the top 20 in yards or points per game in Fisher’s first three seasons, he’ll likely be searching for a new place to coach next year.”Continuity, stability is very, very important to me and the organization,” Fisher says. “The same system for Sam (Bradford). The same system for the rest of his teammates was very, very important and it was about how we get better.”It’s hardly a new message from Fisher, who has often made in-house hires throughout his accomplished career. Even as West Coast and spread offenses have gained popularity, Fisher has never shown any desire to stray far from a strong rushing attack and emphasis on play-action passing.Cignetti fits conveniently into that model and it’s unlikely any big names were especially interested in the St. Louis job anyway, considering the team’s recent struggles along with an uncertain quarterback situation. But… Read full this story
- Rams vs. Arizona Cardinals: Who has the edge?
- NFL snap judgements, week nine: Saints end the Rams' unbeaten dreams and Brady bests Rodgers in New England
- Jeff Fisher would still haunt the NFL today if he had coached the Dolphins
- Why Rams general manager Les Snead went all in to try to win a Super Bowl
- The Biggest Risk Every NFL Team Is Taking in 2018
- Jeff Fisher is boring us with his 7-9 bullshit in the broadcast booth
- NFL Week 4 picks, times, channels: Rams steamroll Vikings, Steelers win AFC North shootout over Ravens
- Fantasy Football Week 4: Starts, Sits, Sleepers and Risks for every game on the NFL schedule
- Breaking down new-look Rams: Suh boosts defense; Cooks refines offense
- FMIA: On The Mack Mistake And Why Super Bowl 53 Will Be Rams-Patriots
Rams keep it in-house with Cignetti but it’s Fisher who assumes risk have 336 words, post on www.foxsports.com at February 13, 2015. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.