And now it’s time to let the drummer have some.On Tuesday, Pixies guitarist Joey Santiago waxed on about the wonders of Doolittle 25, the triple-disc, 50-track collection (out via 4AD and also available digitally) that commemorates the ongoing impact of the band’s pivotal second album, released in 1989. Doolittle 25 features world-class remastering as well as dozens of unreleased demos, B-Sides, and key Peel Sessions. Besides influencing alt-rock icons Nirvana, the album’s predominant loud/soft/loud dynamic set the tone for the ’90s template many indie bands still use as their aural blueprint today. “The goal, when you’re in the studio, is to record something that’s going to last forever,” said Santiago. “And we happened to hit the mark.”Read Part 1 of our interview: The Pixies’ Joey Santiago on Doolittle turning 25Indeed, classic Doolittle songs like the warped, full-throttle singalong Wave of Mutilation, the scraping, riffage-dominated I Bleed, and the deeply driven shriekfest Gouge Away all show how the Pixies — singer/songwriter Black Francis (born Charles Thompson, a.k.a. Frank Black), aforementioned guitarist Joey Santiago, bassist Kim Deal, and drummer David Lovering — nailed down an indelible sonic legacy.“The goal, when you’re in the studio, is to record something that’s going to last forever,… Read full this story
- Film reviews round-up: A Quiet Place, Death Wish, Thoroughbreds, 120 BPM, Ghost Stories
- David Lammy criticises London mayor for not contacting him after four gang-related deaths in his constituency
- How the world of death and funerals has become fashionable through digital culture
- Florida school massacre survivor David Hogg rejects Laura Ingraham's apology and says she should quit Fox News presenter role
- DUP MLA William Irwin: 'There's nothing in this world that can prepare you for the death of your own child'
- Russian whistleblower 'appeared nervous and vomited repeatedly' before mysterious death, inquest hears
- POLITICO London Playbook: Zucker punch — Bulletproof Corbyn — Talk to the cats
- Death prompts plea from police, family
- Schoolboy held on suspicion of murder over fellow 15-year-old stabbed to death in Sheffield
- Rotting pigeons found in flat after death of 'Birdman'
The Pixies’ David Lovering talks high-res, Doolittle, the death of a drumkit have 337 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at December 3, 2014. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.