2014 wasn’t exactly a bumper year for standalone flight sim releases. Apart from the flak-nibbled IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad, and eccentric WWI curios like ILYA Muromets and Canvas Knights simulated clouds had simulated skies almost all to themselves. Fortunately the add-on sector was as vigorous and ambitious as ever. Today in The Flare Path I catch up with five top flight sim supplementers, all of whom have worked their windsocks off this past twelve months. Recently discovered the delights of DCS World or purchased the A380-sized bargain that is FSX Steam Edition? Beware! What follows may pluck at your purse strings.Looking back on a “busy and productive” 2014, Eagle Dynamics producer Matt Wagner was struck by DCS World’s burgeoning diversity. The WW2 side of the sim expanded enticingly this year with the appearance of two deeply modelled Luftwaffe warbirds, the Fw 190 D-9 Dora and the Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst. Appropriately, the narrow undercarriage and potent powerplant of the latter makes it a wingtip-grazing brow beader during take-offs and landings. As gallant Galland impersonator 504smudge graphically demonstrates in this informative ‘first impressions’ vid. At some point next year, the Doras and Kurfürsts should find themselves tangling with Spitfire IXs and P-47Ds in addition to the… Read full this story
- 2020 preview? Trump-Biden feud flares up early
- 2020 preview? Feud flares up between Joe Biden, Donald Trump
- Cory Gardner: Does he have a path to victory in 2020?
- Swiontek adds 2019 Legacy Leader to collection of honors
- Meet the Mentees: The Future of Female Chefs in Kentucky
- New resident makes quite an impression: Whit & Whimsey
- $1.4M Grant Boosts Rescue Kits to Help Diabetics
- Will creeping buttercups harm wild bee colony?: Ask an Expert
- Elena Delle Donne: 5 interesting facts about the basketball star
- Women business owners finding success at Green Spring Station
The Flare Path: Accosts Accomplished Add-On Artisans have 295 words, post on www.rockpapershotgun.com at December 19, 2014. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.