Due to some heavy traffic—summer, tourists—I’m five minutes late to my interview with Chloe Sevigny, the actress/city girl/fashionista. The setting she’s chosen is Balthazar, Keith McNally’s chic SoHo bistro, and it couldn’t be more fitting. We’re here to discuss her role in Whit Stillman’s The Cosmopolitans, a half-hour pilot made for Amazon Studios that will premiere on Amazon Instant Aug. 28. It centers on a group of American expatriates in Paris, played by Adam Brody, Sevigny, and Carrie MacLemore, and is populated by Stillman’s usual brand of upper-class sophisticates, which he coined the Urban Haute Bourgeoisie—basically, the type of people who’d frequent a place like Balthazar. Upon entering, I spot Sevigny seated in the back, feasting on a plate of oysters, a goat cheese salad, and iced tea. The 39-year-old is looking very summery—you can scope her outfit here, since the Daily Mail apparently snapped her moments after we parted ways—and in good spirits. She whips out her phone and shows me a picture of models clad in fitted hats and T’s sporting the label “Tri-State Represent” on them. It’s part of a fashion line she’s doing with Opening Ceremony that’s launching Sept. 11. “It’s a play on those annoying,… Read full this story
- 10 of the best Irish bars in New York
- Coming to Theaters Near You: 'Dirty Grandpa,' 'The 5th Wave,' 'The Boy,' and More
- 11 things you probably didn't know about 'Boy Meets World'
- The 100 best movies on Amazon Prime right now
- 86 celebrity babies who were born this year so far
- All the celebrity couples that broke up in 2018
- These are books Wall Street's smartest people think you should read this summer
- Sundance 2019 is all about diversity, immigrants, and comedians getting serious
- The 30 best books of the year, according to Amazon
- The 27 most important finance books ever written
Chloe Sevigny on ‘The Cosmopolitans,’ New York’s Frat Boy Takeover, and ‘Asshole’ Michael Alig have 314 words, post on www.thedailybeast.com at August 24, 2014. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.