A growing number of American women are getting plastic surgery to enhance their behinds. But with the costs running into the thousands of dollars, many are choosing cheap, illegal and life-threatening backstreet procedures.She did it because she thought she’d look better, and be more desirable. But getting injections for a bigger behind was the biggest mistake Natalie Johnson ever made.At her home in a Miami suburb, she shows me pictures of her scarred body, bruised and blackened from decaying tissue. “I didn’t need it, I was perfect without it,” she says. “I was in a lifestyle where I felt if I had a big old butt, I could make more money.”The pain she has to endure is so severe that it is hard for her to sit down for too long. Johnson relies on her nine-year-old daughter to help with the most basic of tasks. Johnson was working as an exotic dancer when she met someone claiming to be a doctor who offered to perform a buttocks-enhancement procedure at a fraction of the price of a registered surgeon. It did not seem out of the ordinary. Other friends had it done and plenty of young women in Miami desire a… Read full this story
- Sánchez to trigger no-deal Brexit law this Friday
- Battling climate change also means fighting organised crime
- Choose life
- ‘Brexit is aggressive and dangerously nostalgic. The UK is in for a brutal chastening’
- Complacency the "number one enemy" in reaching zero HIV targets
- Alan Quinlan: 'Back-rows bearing brunt and must be listened to'
- Knife seized from boy aged just 14 as police forces reveal surge in knife crime
Illegal bottom injections on rise in US have 272 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at July 24, 2014. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.