Joey Barton has dismissed England’s chances of winning the World Cup and insists Football Association chairman Greg Dyke should have been sacked for his cut-throat gesture at the draw in December.In a scathing assessment of Roy Hodgson’s team, the QPR midfielder claimed the England coach does not possess a single world class player and attacked the attitude of Wayne Rooney.”If the coach doesn’t believe, the organisation doesn’t believe, if the media don’t believe, the players…..nobody believes we can win it. So we’re not going to win it,” Barton told BBC Radio 5 live Sport.”When you see Greg Dyke’s reaction to the World Cup draw, for me that said everything I need to know.”I’d have sacked him on the spot. He’s probably a great human being and a nice person.”He’d have been dismissed on the spot because if he doesn’t believe we can win it, what is the point in taking part?”Barton, who made his solitary England appearance in 2007, is highly critical of Manchester United striker Rooney.”Our players aren’t world class. They are not world class,” Barton said.”Rooney could have been world class but look at his mentality compared to Cristiano Ronaldo. Polar opposites.”Why does Ronaldo achieve what he achieves… Read full this story
- Carlos Ghosn sacked as Mitsubishi Motors chairman
- Miguel Almiron’s Newcastle goal drought not a concern, insists Steve Bruce
- Martin Peters dead at 76: 'Ultimate gentleman' of football celebrated winning the World Cup with England by having a quiet cuppa with his wife
- Group hails sack of IST Chairman Idoko-Akoh
- The return of gleaning in the modern world
- Have to Earn New Deal: Insists Pep Guardiola Amidst Worst Season as Manager
- British taxpayers foot £70,000 bill for private jet that flew Shaker Aamer home from Guantanamo - and now his lawyer says he's suffering from PTSD
- Crown Prince’s wings clipped as Khashoggi death rattles Riyadh
- Is Japan’s Top Politician Behind a Shameful Rape Cover-Up?
- When Donald Trump Was More Anti-NATO Than Vladimir Putin
Barton says Rooney not world class, insists FA chairman deserved sack have 339 words, post on www.foxsports.com at April 3, 2014. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.