Haydn masterpiece to be sung in HCM City The oratorio The Creation, written by Joseph Haydn, a prominent Austrian composer of the 18th and early 19th century, will be performed at the HCM City Opera House on May 8 and 9. Considered to be one of the composer’s masterpieces, the oratorio tells the story of God’s creation of the world in six days as it is related in the Book of Genesis of the Old Testament. The classical orchestral work is structured in three parts and is scored for soprano, tenor and baritone soloists as well as a chorus. The performance, to be directed by well-known Norwegian conductor Lars Notto Birkeland, will feature international opera singers, including soprano Cho Hae Ryong, tenor Erlend Tvinnereim, baritone Halvor F. Melien, and the HCM City symphony orchestra and choir. Birkeland will play the harpsichord during the singers’ recitatives. The performance is a part of the Transposition Programme, a diverse and multi-faceted project that involves leading music institutions in Norway and Vietnam. French artist keen on Vietnamese culture Sébastien Laval has traveled the length and breadth of Vietnam for the past 20 years creating a memorable photo collection that illustrates the daily lives of…
- Duchess Kate embarks on UK tour for childhood survey
- Revisit Jessica Simpson's Star-Studded Dating History
- Kelly Ripa Dismisses Backlash to Joke About Son’s 'Poverty': 'We Work and We Expect Our Kids to'
- Conor McGregor blasts Cerrone in 40 seconds in UFC return
- 5 TV trends to retire in 2020
- Robert Downey Jr. saying he doesn’t regret wearing blackface in ‘Tropic Thunder’ sparks social media debate
- Jesse Metcalfe, fiancée Cara Santana split after 13 years: reports
- Revealed: The biggest home sales of 2019 in Queensland
Art & Entertainment News Headlines 22/4 have 295 words, post on at April 22, 2014. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.