As a brutal2013 drew to a close, India’s technology services industry looked towards a newavenue — customer investments around SMAC technologies — in the hope that itwill open up bigger revenue opportunities and yield transformational changesfor the sector in 2014.Expertspredict that the confluence of SMAC — social media, mobility, analytics, andcloud computing — will be a potent and leading business-technology enabler ofthe next decade. They agree that the SMAC ecosystem will have a hugerub-off on IT services. Naveen Mishra,a research director at Gartner India, said SMAC adoption will reach mainstreamstatus in 2014. “We believe that the disruptive technologies will startcreating new IT services business models and spur spending.” For ITproviders who traditionally dealt with CIOs within client organizations, SMACis creating opportunities to engage, influence, and sell to business users, saidSalil Godika, chief strategy and marketing officer at Bangalore-based ITservices firm Happiest Minds. “As industries such as retail,manufacturing, media, and entertainment work at providing a uniform experienceacross all communication channels, the need for SMAC technologies will onlygrow.”Gartnerestimates that India-centric IT services vendors will witness an 8-10% annualrevenue growth from SMAC. “We see global customers willing to investaggressively in these technologies,” Mishra said. SMAC mayprovide the much-needed boost for India’s $108-billion IT… Read full this story
- US finds no evidence of alien technology in flying objects, but can’t rule it out, either
- The Most Bragged-About Places of 2014
- IIT Guwahati and Brahmaputra Board to work on restoring river banks, evolving technology
- Six key benefits fibre broadband is bringing to Gisborne residents
- Motional to use Ottopia’s teleoperation technology for its robotaxi fleets
- Check Point Software Technologies Ltd (CHKP) Q2 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- Prime Leverage: How Amazon Wields Power in the Technology World
- WWDC 2014: A love letter from Apple
- Will Micron Technology's New Dividend Policy Pay Dividends For Investors?
- Tech, platforms brought full benefit of govt schemes to common man: Vaishnaw
IT will benefit from SMAC technologies in 2014 and beyond have 301 words, post on www.techrepublic.com at January 8, 2014. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.