A little over two years after he made his debut against the West Indies at the Kotla in November 2011, R. Ashwin reached a milestone that he should be extremely proud of. And his 100 wickets have come from fewer Tests — only 18 — than any other Indian bowler. On the first day of Sachin Tendulkar's farewell Test at the Wankhede Stadium, the tall off-spinner dismissed left-handers Darren Bravo, Narsingh Deonarine and right-hander and skipper Darren Sammy. Left-arm spinner Pargyan Ojha, of course, got more of the attention with a haul of five wickets in the dramatic West Indian slide, once again proving his worth on Indian wickets. There was appreciable movement off the wicket for the seamers, and the spinners were also able to extract good, sometimes alarming, bounce. E.A.S. Prasanna, S. Venkatraghavan, and Shivlal Yadav were the first of India's successful off-spinners. They were of the classical mould with side-on actions. Prasanna was really top-notch with his ability to be extremely deceptive, beating the batsmen in the air and off the wicket. Yadav too impressed with his loop, while Venkatraghavan was flatter through the air and was deadly on certain kinds of wickets, and Ajit Wadekar deployed… Read full this story
- Kentucky Derby Winner Medina Spirit Fails Post-Race Drug Test, Trainer Bob Baffert Calls It a 'Gut Punch'
- Joe Root's 100 Tests, in pictures: the middle-order imp who became England captain
- Virat Kohli only expressed his opinion on best of three WTC final, never demanded it: R Ashwin
- Positive Drug Test Confirmed for Kentucky Derby Winner Medina Spirit
- India Ramps Up Coronavirus Testing, Approves Slew Of Local Test Kit Makers
- The sport is waiting for a second Medina Spirit test result. Why is it taking so long?
- Medina Spirit's Kentucky Derby win could be invalidated after failed drug test; Bob Baffert suspended
- McLaren boss to miss British GP after positive virus test
- Go Racing in Yorkshire Festival to welcome full crowds as new Covid guidance is given to fans
Ashwin races to 100 Test victims have 325 words, post on www.thehindu.com at November 15, 2013. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.