At Catalent, a U.S.-based producer of pharmaceutical products and provider of advanced drug delivery technologies and services, digital tools often support the practices of the company’s 18 research and development sites around the world. Data pours in from R&D, sales and marketing, operations, quality assurance, and regulatory affairs, as well as customers. Evjatar Cohen, vice president for global innovation and portfolio management, and his team make sense of it all with a slate of new market and customer insight enablers. “Collecting the data is just part of what we do,” he says. “It’s really about using that input to come up with market uptake estimates for each potential product and an understanding of its business value. That aids us greatly in deciding where to focus our day-to-day activities as well as planning our long-term strategy.” Catalent’s story is similar to that of other leading companies around the world. To enhance the front end of their innovation process, more and more R&D teams are using new tools such as software programs that mine and analyze “big data” and customer immersion labs that use digital reality to simulate experiences. “The earlier in the process you are,” says Cohen, “the more uncertainties and… Read full this story
- New UN panel to make proposals to ensure safe digital future
- Continuous learning – essential for navigating the future of work
- Vietnam launches elite competition to find top digital transformation solutions
- Fujitsu opens digital transformation facility at Macquarie University
- Digital learning to bridge education gap: HRD minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
- NSDC and Microsoft collaborate to train 1 lakh youth in digital skills
- The digital tussle: Who will seize the moment?
- Digital Trends Live: Uber goes hourly, EA renews Madden, Galaxy Buds review
- IBM and Shell partner for mining digital transformation marketplace Oren
- To promote inclusion, we need better access to capital and the digital world
The Global Innovation 1000: Navigating the Digital Future have 307 words, post on www.strategy-business.com at October 22, 2013. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.