(VOVworld) – The 6th Trans-Vietnam Cycling tour under the theme “For the Homeland’s Sea and Islands” started on Saturday in the southern province of Ba Ria-Vung Tau. The event attracted 85 voluntary students from universities nationwide to bike 1,850 kilometres through 18 provinces and cities from Vung Tau city to Hanoi. During their one-month journey, the cyclists will participate in various voluntary activities such as to popularize information of the role and values of Vietnam’s sea and islands and the protection of marine environment, raise people’s awareness of the dangers of land mines and unexploded ordnance left over from wars, and advocate traffic law and safety. The cycling journey will spread a message of “uniting the community, sharing pain, helping the poor, protecting the environment, and connecting hearts”.
- Vietnam protests South China Sea distortion in Chinese history books
- China lands nuclear strike-capable bombers on disputed South China Sea island
- Vietnam ranked second in SEA Games medal tally
- Vietnam women advance to SEA Games semifinals after beating Indonesia
- Vietnam beach town suspends sea-encroaching tourism project
- Travel firms offer extra tours to SEA Games 30’s football final
- South China Sea islands are only for civilian use, says Chinese general
- Indonesia to Deploy Missile System on South China Sea Island
- Vietnam’s Vingroup motivates SEA Games athletes with lucrative rewards
- Vietnam’s Vingroup motivates SEA Games medalists with lucrative rewards
6th Trans-Vietnam Cycling tour 'For the Homeland's Sea and Islands' have 234 words, post on at July 6, 2013. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.