If you somehow don’t have enough Apple in your life already from your phone, tablet and computer (assuming you use Apple products for those things), you might be able to get it in your car soon as well. Maybe. Someone guessed. Advertisement Apple rumormill 9to5Mac reports that the company wants to “move aggressively” into the car integration market later this year. They want you to be able to plug your iPhone (or iPad, presumably) into the car and then use the car’s existing display screen as an interface for the device. They’re supposedly working with carmakers to create updated center consoles the iOS devices would plug into, replacing the proprietary GPS maps on a car’s touch screen with an optimized version Apple Maps. (I’ll leave Apple Maps jokes out of this for now.) The Siri voice control system would be used to control maps and other iOS features. If this sounds like the Volkswagen iBeetle that was recently unveiled at the Shanghai Auto Show, it’s not. That concept merely had a special docking station and devoted app for the iPhone — this would put iOS directly into your car. G/O Media may get a commission Clip the Coupon for $27… Read full this story
- Report: Google Finally Has a Plan to Make a Good Smartwatch
- Apple Launches iAd Producer Pack to Steal Adobe’s Business
- Kurt Busch debuts NASCAR’s new digital dashboard at Darlington
- Apple pushes digital wallet with Apple Pay
- Michigan State’s Keith Appling learns how to take charge
- Report: Apple aims to launch electric car by 2020
- Peloton's New Treadmill Costs $4,000 and Oh Crap I Want One
- Kiffin Report: Attack of the 600 yard Games!
- 13 things sports fans will want to do with their Apple Watch
- Despite Steve Jobs’ Predictions, RIM’s BlackBerry Catches Up to Apple’s iPhone
Apple Reportedly Wants To Put iOS Directly In Your Dashboard have 300 words, post on jalopnik.com at May 2, 2013. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.