ROME – Fabrizio Corona, Italy’s most famous paparazzo, reportedly emerged in the Dominican Republic on Tuesday, after a Europe-wide arrest warrant was issued for him.Corona, 38, was convicted Friday of extortion for demanding a bribe from French-Argentine soccer star David Trezeguet to withhold publication of potentially embarrassing photos. He was sentenced to five years behind bars but he did not show up in court for the sentencing.His flight from the court’s jurisdiction will add an additional 34 months to his prison sentence, and thanks to the European Union arrest warrant, he can be apprehended by authorities if he sets foot in any European country. But that seems unlikely, at least in the short term: Italian media reported Tuesday that Corona had been spotted in the Dominican resort town Casa de Campo. Corona, who calls himself the “King of Paparazzi,” has long denied blackmailing celebrities. He has said he simply offers them a chance to buy the compromising photos for the same price he would earn selling them to a magazine.His alleged victims include many of the best-known members of the entertainment, political, business and sports world in Italy and Europe. Many are unconfirmed, but those whose names have been reported in… Read full this story
- Can Pope Francis clean up God’s bank?
- WikiLeaks, Assange feel the heat (roundup)
- The sugar conspiracy
- The Avengers assemble one week early, plus 32 other movies coming this April
- Token Women to Tokin' Women: Three Days at a Conference for Ladies Who Simply Love Weed
- Why the Spanish aren't entrepreneurs
- Rush After 'A Rape On Campus': A UVA Alum Goes Back to Rugby Road
- A Drive Through The End Of The World
EU Arrest Warrant Issued for Italy's Self-Styled 'King of Paparazzi' have 274 words, post on www.hollywoodreporter.com at January 21, 2013. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.