Have websites seen their best days come and go already? As apps—both mobile and desktop—forge ahead, OS-specific downloads may take over the way people access their data, even as the Web once seemed ready to take over for the desktop computing. But guess what? Web apps and websites are still growing more amazing every day. When we search for candidates for our list, we look foremost for sites that can appeal to just about everyone. They’re always useful to a majority of users of any background or skill level. This year, the Top 100 is again split between all-time classics (68 total) and new, fantastic “undiscovered” sites we want to share with you (32 total). Of course, a few of last year’s undiscovered sites have become so adored that we moved them into the classics list— that includes sites like our favorite free music service, Spotify; the always hilarious Bad Lip Reading; uber-geek comic The Oatmeal; the darling of crowd-sourcing, Kickstarter; and the fast-growing virtual corkboard, Pinterest. We also had to say good-bye to some sites that are no longer with us, like Meebo and Picnic. (Thanks for killing them both, Google.) We hope you’ll sit back with the laptop… Read full this story
- Married, divorced and widowed women are being urged to check if they are being underpaid their state pension after some received up to £100,000 in refunds
- Rare Olympic swimming 50p coin sells on eBay for £10,100 – how to check if yours is worth a mint
- Rhian Sugden flaunts her ample assets and tiny waist in skimpy berry-hued lingerie... after revealing she is planning to have a breast reduction
- Election Day 2016: A Guide to the When, Why, What and How
- I saved £23k deposit to buy first-home by taking part in medical trials and working two jobs
- Neil Bush’s Chinese Firm Signed Agreement With Space Contractor Considered An Arm Of The Chinese Military
- 'Bunnings Karen' vows to SUE cops over her arrest after confronting staff at a hardware store - as her out-there theories on social media are exposed
- The mother who took on the trolls: Nicola was called a prostitute and paedophile on Facebook. Here she reveals what gave her the courage to confront the sick cyber bullies in a historic court action
- Steve Cortes: Joe Biden's presidency would be a transition to... what?
- From Mark Wright to Gemma Collins, the stars who’ve made millions from Towie
The Top 100 Websites of 2012 have 395 words, post on in.pcmag.com at December 16, 2012. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.