Luiz Felipe Scolari is expected to be named as the new Brazilcoach, returning to the national team 10 years after leading thecountry to the 2002 World Cup title.The official announcement is expected to be made by Brazilianfederation president Jose Maria Marin on Thursday. The presidentsaid Wednesday that a new coach has been selected, and sourcesclose to Scolari and the Brazilian federation confirmed to localmedia that the outspoken Scolari was the one chosen to lead Brazilat the 2014 World Cup.He would replace Mano Menezes, who was fired last week afterMarin said he didn’t like the coach’s methods.The likely announcement of Scolari will keep Brazil from beingwithout a representative in Saturday’s Confederations Cup draw,when the team will find out who it will play in the tournament’sopener next June. Brazil will host the warm-up tournament and theWorld Cup with a team led by young promising stars such as Neymar,Oscar and Lucas.Scolari has been without a job since leaving Brazilian clubPalmeiras a few months ago. The former Chelsea and Portugal coachhelped Palmeiras win the Brazilian Cup this year, but the teamstruggled under his command and was eventually relegated to thesecond division. Scolari had already been replaced, but admittedhis part of responsibility for the demotion.Scolari… Read full this story
- Ridge Point’s Brett Sniffin named new Belton football head coach
- What awaits the NFL's new head coaches in 2020?
- Giants find Daniel Jones' new quarterbacks coach, add Joe Schuplinski to Joe Judge's staff, per report
- Virginia OC Robert Anae withdraws name from Hawaii coaching search
- Report: Cincinnati will name Ohio State’s Luke Fickell as new head coach on Saturday
- Bob Carter named New Zealand Women's coach
- East Bengal appoints Mario Rivera as new head coach coach
- Cincinnati formally announces Luke Fickell as new head coach
- Sophie Devine named New Zealand captain
- BP names new CFO as Gilvary plans to retire
Scolari expected to be named new Brazil coach have 305 words, post on www.foxsports.com at November 28, 2012. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.