The Yankees waited all season for CC Sabathia to go on one of his vintage runs, the type where the hulking lefthander mowed through opposing lineups the way he does a box of Cap’n Crunch. YANKEES vs. ORIOLES: POSITION-BY-POSITION BREAKDOWN YANKEES 2012 SEASON IN REWIND A three-start stretch between April 29-May 10 looked like the start of such a streak, as Sabathia allowed four runs over 24 innings in three consecutive victories. The streak came to an end on May 15 with his first loss of the season, a six-inning, four-run outing … at Camden Yards. Now, with Sabathia riding an identical three-game streak – allowing four runs over his last 24 innings over his final three starts of the regular season – the Yankees are hoping their ace can keep things going in Game 1 of the American League Division Series against the Orioles. “I think it’s good for all players to feel good about themselves going into what everyone wants to be a very, very successful postseason,” Joe Girardi said. “His last three starts, it was vintage CC; deep into games, not a ton of pitches, quick outs, ground balls, his changeup was effective. That’s what we wanted… Read full this story
- Dillian Whyte vs Joseph Parker: Whyte beats Parker on points after 12 rounds
- Where to watch England vs Croatia in London – best outdoor screen venues for World Cup 2018
- World Cup 2018: Denmark vs France prediction, team news and preview as both nations battle to top Group C
- England vs France football record: What are the previous results and have they met in a World Cup before?
- Anthony Joshua vs Joseph Parker live round-by-round fight updates
- Virgil van Dijk says the best form of defence for Liverpool is to attack
- England vs Belgium: Proud Welshman Richard Evans is helping plot the Three Lions’ downfall
- Manny Machado's future Dodgers teammates ready for big things after All-Star Game trade
- Pittsburgh Pirates record best start to MLB season in 42 years
- Houston's Altuve tops voting for Baseball All-Star Game
Yankees vs. Orioles ALDS: CC Sabathia's best arrives for Game 1 vs. Baltimore have 323 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at October 6, 2012. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.