Specifically, flights between Abu Dhabi (capital of UAE) and HCM City will begin on October 1st & will be served by Airbus A330-200 aircraft. This airline codeshares with Vietnam airlines and provides daily connections through Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur to HCM City.
Flights to HCM City will contribute to promote cooperation between UAE and Vietnam in fields of energy, infrastructure, services and civil projects. Now, UAE invests over US$ 3 billion in Vietnam and two way trade estimates at US$ 1, 3 billion. Mr. James Hogan, CEO of Etihad Airways said that the launch of daily flights to HCM City presents Etihad Airways’ commitment in the region, strengthening trade growth in fields of tourism, production and technology
At the same time, Atihad also announced to sign an agreement with Air France – KLM to codeshare on flights across its network, the first phase of the agreement will commence end of October, 2012. Through this, both airlines will offer joint codes on destinations in Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia.
Etihad Airways began operation in 2003 and is the fastest ongoing airways in the world’s aviation history. In only 9 years, the Airways own a fleet of 67 Airbus & Boeing aircrafts, another 100 is on order.
- Etihad Airways launches huge flight sale with fares from £339
- Exclusive View: Etihad Airways launches new supercar valet service
- British Airways launches new flights to Munich from London City Airport
- Kuwait Airways launches direct flights to Baku
- Indigo will launch daily flight to Dhaka on Aug 1
- Qatar Airways launches direct flights to Da Nang
- Etihad Launches Daily Flights to HCM City
- Etihad Airways launches Abu Dhabi - Ho Chi Minh City service
- Etihad Airways launches A380 and B787 in Abu Dhabi