A federal subpoena related to the child sex abuse scandal involving a former Penn State assistant football coach, sent to the university’s top lawyer earlier this month, sought records of payments made by trustees to the school, or to third parties on the school’s behalf, the university said Friday. A copy of the Feb. 2 subpoena for general counsel Cynthia Baldwin, posted on the school’s website Friday evening, listed eight categories of records, including ”reporting requirements on the part of employers and staff relating to misconduct” by staff and others associated with Penn State. It directed Baldwin, a former state Supreme Court justice, to bring the documents with her to a federal grand jury meeting in Harrisburg on Wednesday, but the school said that deadline had been extended by U.S. Attorney Peter J. Smith because of the volume of records. Penn State said it was fully cooperating with the request. The reference to the Board of Trustees represents a potential new direction for the scandal, which has so far been largely focused on the allegations against Jerry Sandusky and the actions of university administrators in response to complaints about the former top assistant to longtime head football coach Joe Paterno…. Read full this story
- USDA Finds in Favor of Grass-Fed Cows
- Child endangerment laws would see parents arrested if they fed their children the same toxic ingredients found in vaccines
- Reddit Handed Over User Info for 58% of Government Requests
- Companies tap RSS to tame info overload
- New York Court Sides with Airbnb Over Host Records Subpoena
- Airbnb Files Motion to Block New York Demand for Info
- US subpoenas Twitter for Wikileaks info
- Verizon: US Gov't Made 320,000 Requests for Customer Info in '13
- Feds Investgate Volkswagen For Takata Airbag Ruptures
- Fed’s IPv6 plan called a 'game changer'
Feds subpoena info from Penn State have 292 words, post on www.foxsports.com at February 22, 2012. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.