Forum eyes ways to boost dairy sector The raising of dairy cattle in the last few years has played an important role in livestock production, and helped raise farmers’ incomes, but the industry needs improvements to develop in a sustainable manner. Speaking at an industry forum in HCM City’s Cu Chi District last week, Dr Doan Duc Vu from the Institute of Agricultural Science for Southern Viet Nam said during the last 10 years, the dairy cattle population had rapidly increased, from 41,000 heads in 2001 to 128,538 heads last year. Total domestic milk production in the period had achieved an annual growth rate of more than 30 per cent to over 306,000 tonnes in 2010 from 64,000 tonnes in 2001. But domestic consumption and demand have increased even faster. Milk output this year has reached an estimated 329,000 tonnes, meeting only 22 per cent of demand. As a result, the country imports a large amount of milk and dairy products each year. As living standards increase, consumers increasing demand for milk and dairy products, offering a good opportunity for businesses and farmers to expand their breeding. Despite ample opportunities, the dairy-cow breeding industry is facing challenges, including inexperienced farmers,… Read full this story
- What to Do When You Feel Like Pitching YOUR BUSINESS OUT THE WINDOW!
- 7 Advantages to Leasing Equipment for Your Cleaning Business
- Selecting Business Names and Intellectual Property Law
- Small Business Phone Systems - A Brief Explanation
- Brief introduction of boiler seamless steel pipe
- 12 Key Steps to Managing Change During the Acquisition Process
- How to Sell Your Own Business
- How To Brief A Graphic Designer So Your Project Stays On Budget
- Buy Property in Thailand
- 10 Lessons Cancer Taught Me
BUSINESS IN BRIEF 10/12 have 266 words, post on english.vietnamnet.vn at December 10, 2011. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.