The Department of Environment under the Ministry of Natural Resources and the Environment (MONRE) has suggested temporarily restricting the setting up of small production workshops in five industrial sectors, in order to protect the Dong Nai River. Take actions, not to rely on enterprises’ promises The suggestion has made after considering the set of criteria for assessing theindustries that need to be restricted or prohibited on the Dong Nai River basin,built up by a group of scientists and researchers. There are three criteria mentioned, including the characteristics of thereceiving sources; the technologies which may cause pollution to the waterresources; and the characteristics of the flow and waste water, the situation ofwaste water treatment systems. However, the participants, who attended the workshop discussing the solutions toprotect the Dong Nai River basin held in HCM City on November 19, expressedtheir worry that if the suggestion is approved, this will badly affect the localeconomic development. The representative of the Tay Ninh provincial authorities said that 80 percentof the production workshops in the area are cassava production workshops, whichwere listed by management agencies as seriously polluters. However, theworkshops now use modern technologies to minimize the pollution. Tanning andplating workshops are also in the same… Read full this story
- Scientists discover how neuroglobin protects against Alzheimer's
- Scientists Urge More Black Box Consistency
- INDUSTRY REPORT RFID Technology Faced with Privacy Considerations
- Consumer Reports Urges Tesla to Pull Plug on Autopilot
- Scientists Release Ebola Sequencing Data to Global Research Community Online
- DICE Keynote: Gore Verbinski Urges Creativity, 'Madness'
- Charles River Upgrades Software
- Designing forests to protect against falling rock
- US Rep Likens Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to 'Tyranny'
- Scientists Discover Bacterial Cause Behind Fatal Heart Complications
Scientists urge to prohibit some industries to protect Dong Nai River have 286 words, post on dtinews.vn at November 24, 2011. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.