Sometimes an app crosses that line between crude and ban-worthy. But how controversial does it have be to get pulled from an app store? From the racist to downright dangerous, here are 10 apps that got the axe. Originally available through Google’s Android Market, albeit for a short period, Secret SMS Replicator served as an easy way to read another person’s text messages without their knowledge. Developer DLP Mobile suggested that the app would be a good way to spy on your significant other. Installing the app on their phone would automatically forward that person’s messages to you without their knowledge. Google took the app down after saying it violated the Android Market’s policies. Trapster and other apps that provide DUI checkpoint locations to users drew national attention when several U.S. senators, including Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, called for Apple, Google, and RIM to ban them from their respective app stores. The senators took issue with the apps for identifying where local police set up drunk driving checkpoints, red light cameras, and speed traps, and argued that the apps promoted drunk driving by giving users a way to circumvent the checkpoints. The anti-Israeli Third Intifada lived a short life… Read full this story
- Make your smartphone battery last longer and boost its performance by deleting these 10 apps
- 'The blandness of today’s pop lyrics should be banned': 10 Questions for Sparks star Russell Mael
- Banned driver who got back behind the wheel given suspended prison sentence
- Why is Uber being banned in London by TfL, how can you sign the petition and where else has the app been banned?
- Why is Uber being banned in London by TfL, where has the app been banned and is it officially a taxi company?
- Uber come out fighting over ban as 390,000 sign petition backing firm amid mounting customer anger
- Stacey Solomon clashes with Lizzie Cundy over airbrushing on GMB as she reveals she’s BANNED her sons from social media
- Dundee bus firm launches new app with discounted tickets for cashless travel
- 10 driving laws you might be breaking without knowing it
- Paedophile hunter Keenan bailed despite ignoring phone and internet ban
Banned! Top 10 Apps That Got Zapped have 356 words, post on www.businessnewsdaily.com at September 23, 2011. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.