LONDON — Britain will celebrate its second royal wedding of the season Saturday, with equestrian star Zara Phillips – eldest granddaughter of Queen Elizabeth II – taking center stage as she marries England rugby stalwart Mike Tindall. A regal supporting cast is expected as the queen leads her extended brood to Edinburgh, Scotland for the private festivities. Prince William and Kate Middleton, now the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, are expected, along with Prince Harry (still single) and bright lights from Britain’s sports and show business worlds. The nuptials of Phillips, 30, and Tindall, 32, are expected to be far more low-key than William’s wedding in late April, which was watched live on television throughout much of the world. Phillips – who does not carry a royal title – and Tindall prefer to stay out of the limelight when they are not competing, and the wedding has been organized to reflect their desires. “It’s the complete opposite end of the royal wedding spectrum,” said Joe Little, managing editor of Majesty magazine. “William and Zara are both the queen’s grandchildren: He’s got the title, he’s going to be the monarch, but Zara thinks of herself more as a sportswoman than as… Read full this story
- The real reason Zara Tindall's husband doesn't follow the royal family on Instagram
- The real reason Zara Tindall's husband doesn't follow the Royal Family on Instagram
- Zara Tindall royal snub: How Zara’s husband Mike does not follow royals on Instagram
- ‘Grumpy’ bridesmaid Mia Tindall, four, steals the show in Princess Eugenie’s wedding photos
- This is what Mia Tindall was holding in Princess Eugenie’s wedding portraits
- Princess Eugenie's wedding: Harry and Meghan among guests
- Who are the Queen’s great-grandchildren, how old are they and how many cousins will Meghan Markle’s baby have?
- Cheeky bridesmaid Savannah Phillips, seven, spotted standing on Princess Eugenie’s wedding dress in official photos
- Rugby star swarmed by armed cops after picking up royal at boozy wedding
- Investigation: The grassroots crisis at the heart of Welsh rugby
Zara Phillips, granddaughter of Queen Elizabeth II, set to wed rugby player Mike Tindall have 331 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at July 29, 2011. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.