More than VND700 billion (USD34 million) would be needed to protect the Dong Nai River that is suffering extreme levels of pollution, officials estimated at a meeting held in HCM City last Saturday. A stretch of the Dong Nai River in HCM City. Waste water from factories, industrial parks and guild villages has seriously polluted the southern river. (Photo: VNS) However, participants failed to reach a consensus on how the river could be saved, with many saying the plans devised were impractical and unfeasible.At the meeting that set a budget estimate to improve the river\’s water quality, which runs through 11 southern provinces as well as HCM City, participants agreed that pollution in the river, largely caused by industrial and urban waste generated by rapid economic development, had reached extreme levels, and called for drastic measures over the next five years, participants agreed.Twenty-four projects would be implemented by 2015 with investment from the State budget, foreign loans with preferential interest rates, local administration budgets and contributions from enterprises and individuals.The projects would carry out a wide range of activities from reviewing and evaluating the impact of irrigation constructions to dealing with soil contamination in waste dumping areas along the river…. Read full this story
- Hanoi drainage company denies ruining Japan team's river cleanup efforts
- Queen faces a costly £86 million repair bill for Prince Charles’s London home Clarence House as it gets set for a New Year makeover
- Seattle approves $34 million toward new aquarium shark tank
- Petra Ecclestone's wedding cost £12 million reveals her father
- Deontay Wilder Sues Disgraced Boxing Opponent ... Your Doping Test Cost Me Millions!
- Revealed - The secret divorce battle that's already cost £4 MILLION in legal fees: Billionaire heir to Highland Spring fortune and daughter of Qatari tycoon at war in London's High Court
- Ports along Saigon River to be relocated
- BARF: River City Ransom Sequel Incoming
- Đồng Nai Police arrest 14 for public disorder offences
- UNESCO title is not enough to save Dong Ho woodblock printing. Make it sell!
Dong Nai River cleanup forecast to cost $34 million have 344 words, post on dtinews.vn at July 1, 2011. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.