“Malls are not for the faint hearted-as they are complex in nature, but in the long term, they provide a consistent return on investment,” said Mears, director of Retail Analysys. Mears, who has over 20 years experience in the shopping mall industry in Australia and Asia, predicts unprecedented growth for Vietnam. His company is currently working on two mall projects in Hanoi – Pico Mall and Hang Da Galleria. According to figures from CB Richard Ellis, more than 340,000 square metres of retail space is available in Ho Chi Minh City right now. This figure is projected to grow to over 1.1 million square metres by 2013 if all developments proceed as planned. As for Hanoi, retail space totalling over 118,000sqm has already been available and this is projected to grow 660,000sqm by 2013. Given such stiff competition, retail developers needed to pay more attention to design, development and management if they wanted to avoid failure, Mears said. Design was vital because mistakes at that stage could not be rectified, he added. “It is critical that the developer ensures the right team is in place – one that has the experience in designing successful shopping malls. This includes not just… Read full this story
- Eat, pray, shop: Malls become new town plazas
- [PHOTOS] Chaos At Shopping Mall In KL As An Escalator "Exploded"
- PH eyed as shopping hub
- Singapore’s CapitaLand goes digital to boost traffic at its Chinese shopping malls
- America’s oldest shopping mall has been turned into beautiful micro-apartments — take a look inside
- BLADE OPENS FIRST SHOP OUTSIDE SHOPPING MALLS
- From wet markets to shopping malls
- DTI eyes shopping malls for ‘Go Local’ stores
- Dying shopping malls are wreaking havoc on suburban America
- Johor’s largest shopping mall just opened with many firsts for the state
Keeping eye on ball in shopping mall game have 302 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at March 28, 2011. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.