>> Hue continues to make its special banh in cakes >> Folk pictures and paper flowers hot items for Tet An Truyen village, also known as Chuon, in central Vietnam, has been famous for Tet cakes since the reign of King Bao Dai.On the 24th of every lunar month of December, hundreds of households in An Truyen Village, Thua Thien-Hue Province, start making Tet cakes made from sticky rice. Chuon Village\’s Tet cakesMrs. Huynh Tam, 84, sold more than 1,600 Tet cakes in the last two weeks of the lunar month of December.Tam said, “My family has been making Tet cakes for 4 generations, so all my children and grandchildren know how to make the best cakes. The secret is using the rice from Cua Paddy Fied, in the village. The rice has to be rinsed, dried, then cleaned three times with water. Then green beans are cooked with flavouring. Lard also makes the cakes have their special taste.”“The difference in taste of the cakes made here is quite clear, especially when they’re freshly out of the boiling pot. You can smell the green beans along with the fat,” she said.At the house of Ho Van Toan, 10 people were… Read full this story
- How can I cut calories from recipes without skimping on flavour?
- Revolting recipes! Baker who creates hyper-realistic cakes shaped like bloody ears, infected toenails and CIGARETTES reveals clients are sometimes too grossed out to eat
- Mum transforms $4.80 Woolworths mud cakes into a stunning wedding dessert - wowing thousands of aspiring home bakers
- Meghan Markle's banana bread recipe revealed – find out her secret ingredients
- Rachel Roddy's recipe for cherries in wine
- Home cook's five-ingredient 'Basque burnt cheesecake' wows bakers - as the $3.30 'secret' to a perfectly creamy filling is revealed
- Secret Europe escapes: where locals go on holiday
- Blueberry season sparks quest to re-create a favorite doughnut
- Cab Driving Is Pyongyang's Most Lucrative Job
- Incredible Animal Crossing: New Horizons island ideas to give you serious inspiration
Chuon village’s secret recipe for Tet cakes have 325 words, post on dtinews.vn at February 2, 2011. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.