Social media marketing has exploded on the scene and has everyone scrambling to get a company presence on Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.Although the medium is generally unproven as far as adding to the bottom line, social media marketing can’t be ignored. Many companies have run out to get a Twitter account but have no strategy for using it.Smart online marketers will step back, slow down and devise a social marketing strategy first. Key factors to evaluate include:#1. Determine if and how social media marketing can be a fit for your prospect and/or client base. It isn’t for everyone.#2. Social media marketing isn’t free. This is a big myth created by flurry of “consultants” claiming to be social media marketing experts. True, to get a presence costs nothing because the tools themselves are free but remember: “Time is money.”To conduct a social media marketing campaign effectively, a company must have people spending time to stay on top of the effort. In most companies, that means someone isn’t spending their time doing the jobs you hired them to do. If no one in-house can dedicate the time and effort, then outsourcing the day to day costs money. Don’t fall into the trap… Read full this story
- DEBATE: As UBS factors in Instagram influence, should investors value a brand’s social media presence?
- Facebook 'founder' claims social media site has caused 'countless deaths' by failing to protect users
- Does social media bias in content moderation exist?
- Market influencer: City brokers look for the likes as social media boosts brands’ growth
- SEC Review of Musk Tesla Tweets Likely to Focus on Truthfulness
- Hundreds of celebrities investigated over 'hidden adverts' on social media
- 'Made in China': MSM, Social Media Capitalizes on Chinese Vaccines' Scandal
- Bots and Russian trolls stoked vaccine debate on Twitter, study finds
- Protesters burn Nike trainers after company reveals Colin Kaepernick is face of new campaign
- CrossMedia Marketing Conference returns in September
Should Your Company Use Social Media Marketing ? have 322 words, post on www.labnol.org at September 29, 2009. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.