Today marks the end of an era. Even as I write this article, the words Michael Jackson is dead seems surreal. For these are words that were not suppose to be uttered anytime soon if at all. Not because he was only 50 years old, but because at some level we still had to come to terms with the fact that he was a mere mortal. The gift, the skills, his genius is not usually possessed by the average person. The death of Michael Jackson can not be dismissed as the death of just another entertainer or celebrity, for he was a lot more than that. A legend, an icon, even these words do not give him enough credit. He reached and transcended levels no one could have thought possible. He sold more records than any human being alive or dead. A Michael Jackson concert was an event in and of itself. He did things on stage which no human being could do. He reinvented pop music, giving it another resonance and established him self on her throne as the undisputed king. He dazzled his fans and audiences over and over again. You simply could not get enough of a… Read full this story
- Elton John's memoir details lunch with Michael Jackson: "It was stranger than I could have imagined"
- Broadway's Michael Jackson musical is moving forward, which seems like a bad idea
- Randy Jackson America's Best Dance Crew Season 1
- Jackson Pollock - Random Life, Random Art
- Michael Phelps is the Greatest Athlete of All Time - Read the Many Reasons Why
- When Will Phil Jackson Finally Get His Due?
- Peter Jackson, JRR Tolkien, Celebrity Death Match
- The Curse of Michael Jordan? The Post-Dynasty Bulls Just Can't Seem to Get it Right
- The Olympics, Michael Phelps and You
- HALLOWEEN at Halloween - Reliving the Michael Myers Legacy
Michael Jackson - The Death of an Icon have 300 words, post on ezinearticles.com at July 2, 2009. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.