Deaf kids get helping hand at school (28-07-2009) by Van Ha A training programme for hearing impaired students aims to train teachers who have skills to teach others with hearing impairments. —VNA/VNS Photo Huu Viet HA NOI — “My daughter cried and cried when she had to stop going to school after the fifth grade,” says Nguyen Hong Trang, mother of a deaf 14-year-old girl in Ha Noi. Like Trang’s daughter, many other hearing-impaired children miss out an opportunity to study due to the lack of qualified higher-education institutes available to fulfil their needs. According to a report by the Global Foundation for Children with Hearing Loss, 80 per cent of Viet Nam’s 180,000 deaf and hard-of-hearing children have no access to education. Most facilities now can only teach these students up to the fifth grade. Xa Dan is only the unofficial statistics revealed by the foundation’s survey, according to Nguyen Xuan Lap, deputy director of the Department of Social Welfare Protection under the Ministry of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs. This is the only school in Ha Noi that has a junior high programme for hearing impaired children. According to Do Minh Tuan, a teacher at the school, 6th…
- Ivanka Trump posts a cute video of her three kids washing their hands with pricey $39 hand soap while singing the alphabet - as she insists 'we ALL have a role to play to slow the spread'
- Father and Sons Assemble Backpacks Filled with Sanitation Supplies to Help Those in Need
- Corona Chronicles: Bethenny Frankel’s BStrong Donates Test Kits, An Actor Reveals Diagnosis, and Other Personal Stories
- Inside quarantine 'hell': Travellers returning to Australia from overseas complain about being forced to stay in five-star hotels and given three meals a day to prevent the spread of coronavirus
- Ohio class teaches sign language interpretation for theater
- PIERS MORGAN: The coronavirus has made heroes out of many but brought out the selfish worst in others - here are my 20 top Cov-idiots so far (and isn't it funny how many are rich and famous?)
- Fall 2017’s Hottest Movies: Killer Clowns, Crazy J. Law, Wonder Woman, and More
- All The Good Stuff that happened this week
Deaf kids get helping hand at school have 377 words, post on at July 26, 2009. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.