I was a huge fan of Michael Jackson. A lot of grown men would be embarrassed to admit that, but not me. Not only was he a brilliant performer and songwriter that defined the 1980’s which made up most of my adolescence, there was something else that caused me to feel I had a special understanding of who he was. That something else was his longing for a lost childhood and the battle within himself to both be a man while recouping some of the lost innocence he felt was stolen from him.While we certainly lived very different lives and I make no pretensions to be a superstar of Michael’s stature or possess the same talent he had, one thing we both did share was an enormously emotionally damaging childhood. It is well documented the mixture of loathing, fear and love that Michael felt for his father. Joe Jackson was a stern disciplinarian who would pummel his sons if they did not do what he wanted. Some have credited this with driving Michael and his brothers to the incredible success that they did. But it also left enormous emotional damage.I grew up with Tourettes Syndrome. It went undiagnosed mostly because I had a moderate case and my parents… Read full this story
- Michael Jackson children: What happened to Michael Jackson's kids? Where are they now?
- Freddie Mercury's greatest regret over Michael Jackson relationship 'I blew it'
- Neverland Ranch: Michael Jackson's Home Tied to Alleged Abuse
- First look at Girls star Allison Williams as Peter Pan
- The Best Films in Netflix's Black Lives Matter Collection | Digital Trends
- 10 Hurricane Katrina Survivors Reveal Storm's Impact on Their Lives & New Orleans 15 Years Later
- St. Peters Kids & Family
- America’s Founders Lived in a Foreign World
- Cameron Boyce's Parents Were Touched by Skai Jackson's 'Heartfelt' DWTS Tribute: It Was 'Really Special'
- Michael Yang, associates expand businesses under Duterte presidency
Michael Jackson, Peter Pan Syndrome and Living Forever have 318 words, post on ezinearticles.com at June 27, 2009. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.