Cricket fans coming to South Africa for the IPL tournament from 18 April – 24 May and rugby fans for the British Lions matches 30 May – 4 July, should understand that they have a good chance of being confused and lost if they attempt to navigate their way around SA. This is due to the abundance of new names for certain provinces, town & cities.Firstly, the former four provinces that make up South Africa are now divided into nine. Some of the changes include:Transvaal / Gauteng, Northern Transvaal / Limpopo, Eastern Transvaal / Mpumalanga.South Africa’s northern neighbours, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Botswana are all across the mighty Limpopo river, which gives its name to the northern province in South Africa. In this area lies the Mapangubwe World heritage Site which yielded gold figures some thousands of years old. The rain queen, Modjadji, also is to be found in these interesting region. She is thought to have the power to be able to bring rain to her people.To add to visitors’ confusion, many of the towns and cities now have new names, as the following alphabetical list shows:Warmbaths / Bela-Bela, Durban / Ethekwini, Louis Trichardt / Makhado, Nabomspruit / Lephalale, Nystroom… Read full this story
- World Cup-winning South Africa wing Williams dies aged 49
- South Africa captain Kolisi to return against Argentina
- The Liebke Ratings: Australia vs South Africa
- Springboks: Where did 2019 Rugby Championship title come from?
- 10 potential breakout stars of Rugby World Cup 2019
- Rugby reflections: a look back at the 8 World Cups
- How did Japan beat Ireland in Rugby World Cup 2019 Pool A?
- Super Rugby Round 18: For the clubhouse lead
- Super Rugby history worth celebrating. Or I’d have thought so…
- Why aren't Super Rugby celebrating this historic final?
Visitors to South Africa For IPL Cricket & Lions Rugby Must Check New Province & Town Names have 277 words, post on ezinearticles.com at May 2, 2009. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.