Last year also benefited from a $192 million gain from the sale of publishing company Famous Music.Overall, Viacom earned $401 million in the quarter on revenue that grew 4% to $3.4 billion.Revenue at Viacom’s media networks business rose 6% to $2.13 billion even as ad sales declined 2% worldwide. Cable and satellite fees were up 12%.One especially bright spot during the most recent quarter was the video game “Rock Band.”Ancillary revenue at the media networks business shot up 36% to $313 million driven by “Rock Band.” Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman said 7 million units of the game have shipped and 26 million songs have been downloaded.At filmed entertainment, revenue inched up $4 million to $1.31 billion on the strength of home video. Dauman said “Iron Man” is the biggest-selling Blu-ray Disc of all time.Television license fees also helped filmed entertainment post rising revenue even as theatrical revenue plunged 36% to $312 million.Falling ratings at MTV also are a concern, and Dauman said he would address the problem with more original programming with additional interactive elements. He also promised niche programming blocks that might make it easier to target a specific audience with certain types of advertising.Nick at Nite earned praise… Read full this story
- Pierluigi Gazzolo to Head Viacom International Studios, OTT International
- High-tech manufacturing sector tops recruitment in Q3
- India's smartphone market ships record 46.6 million units in Q3 2019: Report
- Muthoot Finance expects over 15% AUM growth after Q3 and Q4: George Alexander Muthoot
- Apple Destroys Q3 Earnings Estimates With Record Revenues, Profit, iPhone, And iPad Sales
- Facebook shares pop on impressive Q3 earnings report
- German industry stuck in recession since Q3 2018: BDI
- Thailand's GDP grows 2.4 pct in Q3 as private, state expenditures rise slightly
- What trade war? Chinese companies wow with Q3 report card
- The Flu Shot Isn’t a Good Match This Year. Is It Ever?
Q3 isn't good for Viacom have 292 words, post on www.hollywoodreporter.com at November 3, 2008. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.