Let’s face it, there are some people who are bitten by mosquitoes more often than others. And you will know that you are one of the few individuals whom these pesky bugs love to suck blood from if you see that you are the only one scratching from mosquito bites in your picnic or barbecue cookout.According to experts, only one in ten people are considered by female mosquitoes as attractive and viable source of certain nutrients. It seems that some people have certain characteristics in their blood that make female mosquito eggs more fertile. By the way, you don’t have to worry about male mosquitoes; they are really not the biting type. Besides, they are not the ones carrying the eggs.If you want to know why you seem to be in the ‘elite’ group of people who are attractive to mosquitoes, read on:GeneticsIf one of your parents is a preferred female mosquito meal, then you are most likely a candidate for mosquito food pile yourself. Studies show that your genes make up 85% of your vulnerability to this bug’s bite. As mentioned earlier, there may be some characteristics in your blood that female mosquitoes think are helpful in making their… Read full this story
- Prevention key when dealing with mosquitoes
- Top tips for avoiding bug bites and stings this summer
- Families leave working loved ones behind to help Puerto Rico
- Consumer Wise: The top mosquito repellents
- We put 16 mosquito repellents to the test — see what worked, what left us itchy
- Spiders That Love Human Blood Are Our Friends
- 10 Insects We Love to Study
- Interns care for the turtles of Keewaydin during nesting season
- A Must read for every man and woman above the age of 40yrs old… READ THIS and You’ll Live LONG.
- Bedliner may help prevent guests from bedbug pests
What to Do If Mosquitoes Love to Bite You have 300 words, post on ezinearticles.com at October 7, 2008. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.