College football’s 9th week saw the 5 teams at the top of the AP Top 25 Poll give notice to any and all opponents that they are not moving down easily.No. 1 Texas hosted unbeaten No. 7 Oklahoma State and won 28-24 by holding the Cowboys to nearly half of their 46 point scoring average through 7 games. In 4 of its 7 wins, Oklahoma State had scored 56, 57, 55 and 56 points in consecutive games. The Cowboys played tough, but in the end the Longhorns refused to lose.No. 2 Alabama traveled to unranked Tennessee and the Crimson Tide rolled on, beating the Volunteers 29-9. Tennessee may be the best 3-5 team in the country. Few people realize that the Vols are ranked 14th nationally in rushing defense, 17th in scoring defense and 17th in passing defense.No. 3 Penn State traveled to No. 10 Ohio State and turned back one of the nation’s top defenses in a 13-6 nail-biter. The Nittany Lions had waltzed through their first 6 games before facing Wisconsin on the road and Michigan at home. Many pundits thought that their schedule was weak compared to the Buckeyes. Not so. JoPa’s team left Ohio State with… Read full this story
- College GameDay announces Notre Dame-Ohio State as Week 1 location for 2022 season
- Penn State OL Will Knutsson announces transfer to Northern Colorado
- Softball players from Houston in the Women's College World Series
- NCAA baseball projections: Texas State and Southern Miss on the rise. Where does LSU fit in?
- Texas A&M's Jimbo Fisher rips Alabama's Nick Saban to shreds after cheating accusations
- 100 Days Out: College football names, games, storylines as we count down to the 2022 season
- College football schedule: How the Power Five can streamline conference slates, form equity without divisions
- Ranking the top 25 Power Five college football coaches entering the 2022 season
- 2022 Big Ten championship odds, picks: Ohio State is a big favorite, but Penn State may have the most value
- PPI Recruits bringing 90 international kids to football camps in the US this summer
College Football - Week 9 - Texas Handles Unbeaten Oklahoma State, and Penn State Whips Ohio State have 321 words, post on ezinearticles.com at October 29, 2008. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.