Green building is more than the actual construction of your home, though that is a big part of the process. It is a beginning to end process which begins with the selection of your land, the design of your dream home, the materials and practices used during construction and finally, how you operate and maintain your dream home once it is completed. You can incorporate as many or as few of these elements into your home’s design as you choose.You decide how “Green” you want to be.Let’s look at the four basic elements in Green Building:1. Increasing energy efficiency2. Materials selected for building your home3. Increasing the efficiency of water usage both in and outside of your home4. Improving air quality, which improves the health and productivity of your familyThere are many parts to each element. Let’s look at each of these in a little more detail1. Increasing Energy EfficiencyAdvanced Framing – Use a framing contractor who can apply advanced framing technique during the construction of your home. This creates a structurally sound home with improved energy efficiency, and lowers material and labor costs. This technique replaces lumber with insulation material and maximizes the wall that is insulated, improving the… Read full this story
- Garden ideas for yards with patchy sunlight
- 'We were intentionally targeted': Strictly judge Motsi Mabuse reveals she was forced to fly home to Germany to meet with police after her dance school was broken into... as she begins two-week quarantine
- The best PS4 exclusives for 2020
- Full text of Xi Jinping's report at 19th CPC National Congress
- Making of the Macy's Parade (when it was EPIC): How 8,000 volunteers and performers would join 900 clowns and live animals from Central park zoo to pull off America's favorite Thanksgiving spectacle
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 6
- How The Audacious Ambition Of His Netflix Sci-Fi Epic ‘The Midnight Sky’ Might Hasten George Clooney’s Transition From One A-List To Another
- Road & mining sectors are leading the revival: Sandeep Singh, President – ICEMA
- "You have one job, Joe"
The 4 Basic Elements to Building a Green Home have 333 words, post on ezinearticles.com at August 15, 2008. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.