So now we’re going to learn about some cold sore basics as well as about treating a cold sore, including prescription, over the counter medication, and a home remedy that really works.Cold Sore BasicsCold sores are caused by the Herpes Simplex Type 1 virus; so if you get them that means you were previously exposed to this virus, most likely through silverware, a toothbrush, or kissing. You should know that herpes simplex infections are contagious; the virus is spread from person to person by kissing or other close contact with sores or even from contact with apparently normal skin that is transmitting the virus. People are most contagious when they have active blister-like sores known as cold sores. Once the cold sore has dried and crusted over (a few days), the risk of spreading it to someone else is significantly less.Ways of Treating a Cold Sore-Clean infected area with a wash cloth and hot soap and water.-Use a petroleum-based product such as Neosporin or petroleum gel (jelly) to minimize irritation, and keep out further infection as well as seal in the virus to prevent spreading to other areas of your skin,-You can also use topical treatments such as lidocaine or… Read full this story
- We Still Don’t Know What Fundamentally Causes Canker Sores
- Try These 5 Effective Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Cold, Fever And Flu
- Arlington Weather Forecast: Dangerously Bitter Cold for Valentine's Weekend
- What if You Could Go to the Hospital … at Home?
- Sore throat remedies: The scary reason you should avoid taking THIS to cure it
- Man who died at Manston migrant processing centre may have been killed by DIPHTHERIA, Home Office says
- Don't sleep on your back with a cold - 'compresses' respiratory system, expert warns
- Struggling with low immunity? Try these 5 home remedies
- What Is COVID Arm? Symptoms, Causes And Treatment
- Measles outbreak: Families trust home remedies, doctors say precious time lost
Cold Sore Home Treatment - How to Treat an Active Outbreak have 314 words, post on ezinearticles.com at June 30, 2008. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.