I. COMING OF AGE IN LOUISVILLE Sandy Thompson (now Sondi Wright) met Hunter in 1958 and was married to him for seventeen years. Neville Blakemore grew up with Hunter in the Highlands neighborhood of Louisville, Kentucky. Superman and Sky King . Television did not exist. Deborah Puller was Hunter's personal assistant from 1982 to 2003. Neville Blakemore Behind another friend's house was Beargrass Creek and a culvert. A lot of African-Americans lived on the other side of the creek. Hunter and his group would shoot these guys with BB guns and hurl racial insults, and the black guys would finally have enough and swarm down into the culvert and up the wall, and Hunter and the others would retreat into their friend's house and hide. They'd start these little mini race wars. Another time, when I was twelve or thirteen, I had all the neighbor kids over for lunch, and we played soldiers in the back yard. Hunter stole a bunch of my soldiers. It really hurt me. My father said, "Well, I'm very sorry, but it shouldn't be that much of a surprise, because that's the kind of guy he is." That for me meant, "OK, he's fun to… Read full this story
- Meet the man behind Hunter Wellies
- Worthing appoint Barry Hunter as chairman
- Challenge Cup final umpire Phil Thompson in familiar territory
- RNAS Culdrose submarine hunters prepare to face Putin threat
- Ashling Thompson opts out of Cork reckoning for 2019
- Ashling Thompson opts out of Cork camogie panel for 2019
- The giant bargain hunters' auction house just off the M60
- Gang membership grows alongside organised crime
- Tiny gold seal found in Co Fermanagh declared 'treasure'
- Sow pumpkins this weekend in time for Hallowe'en
Hunter S. Thompson: Growing Up Gonzo have 295 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at October 4, 2007. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.