The Times they are A-ChangingThe bottled water industry generated $15 billion in revenue in America in 2006. It will top $16 billion this year. That’s more than Americans spent on movie tickets or iPods.And while 50 percent of Fijians don’t have access to clean, reliable water, millions of gallons Fiji Water is shipped most of the way across the Pacific and then trucked from the coast to chi-chi hotels or otherwise sold at a premium across the country.This even though almost every American could walk to the closest tap and draw out clean, safe and often good-tasting water. These and other choice facts come out in Charles Fishman’s well-wrought 6,000-word piece on water in the July Fast Company.At a time when the bottle watered business has never been better, I predict that the only direction it can go from here is down. The times they are a-changing.Fishman concludes:”Packing bottled water in lunch boxes, grabbing a half-liter from the fridge as we dash out the door, piling up half-finished bottles in the car cup holders–that happens because of a fundamental thoughtlessness. It’s only marginally more trouble to have reusable water bottles, cleaned and filled and tucked in the lunch box or… Read full this story
- Should Your Company Use Social Media Marketing ?
- 7 Digital Marketing Myths Debunked
- Autocar confidential - Peugeot, BMW, Volkswagen, Volvo
- Formula 1: what changes to expect from the pinnacle of motorsport
- Lexus’ LS 500 Refresh Adds a Human Touch
- Twelve Trucks Every Truck Guy Needs To Own In Their Lifetime
- Proton looking at exports to drive profits; says it makes less than RM500 for each Saga SV sold – report
- Khazanah wants equity partner for Proton
- Revive the Interior of Your Tri-Five Chevy with a Set of Cars Inc Covers
- 2015 Super Snake Track Test: Pressing “Go” on the 750hp Shelby Mustang
Strategic Cause Marketing have 299 words, post on ezinearticles.com at August 9, 2007. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.