Many people describe home schooling as ‘do it yourself education’ and most parents immediately assume that they are the ‘you’ in ‘yourself’. As a result, many parents with busy lives earning a living or pursuing other important activities, and particularly single parents, tend to dismiss any thoughts of home schooling out of hand. But are they right to do so?Home schooling has been around for a long time now and involves more than one million children in the US alone and experience means that are many options open to parents today. Indeed, it is perhaps no surprise to find that parents in just about every situation you can imagine have found the solution to home schooling their children.We are all of course familiar with the traditional two parent family with dad out at work and mum looking after the home and this situation makes home schooling a relatively simple option. Since the 1960s however society has changed a great deal and today there are a whole spectrum of family situations including role reversal, single parents, same-sex couples, extended families and much more.Each situation brings with it both problems and advantages for home schooling and it is a matter of examining… Read full this story
- New City home-schooled teen wins state oratory contest
- City's schools swindled out of millions of dollars by technology firm with department contracts
- Midwestern University opens first AZ vet school in Glendale
- Plans for a new charter school in Cobble Hill are getting mixed reviews from neighborhood parents.
- East Flatbush teens use school projects to educate peers about gang violence, teen pregnancy, immigration issues
- Storied Catholic school in College Point to close after 156 years
- Success Academy charter schools in New York City garner praise, scorn
- President Obama has still not met with 2013 national chess champions from Edward R. Murrow High School in Midwood, Brooklyn
- Bronx school beats out deep field to snag international award
- At least 8 dead after explosion at medical school in Kano, Nigeria
Home Schooling - The Ins And Outs Of Do It Yourself Education have 323 words, post on ezinearticles.com at May 31, 2007. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.