After Shaver left a bar in Lorena on Saturday night, a drunk, aggressive stranger with a knife followed him into the parking lot, said attorney Joseph A. Turner of Austin. Shaver shot him in self-defense, he said.Police in Lorena, about 80 miles north of Austin, issued arrest warrants late yesterday (April 2) on charges of aggravated assault and possessing a firearm in a prohibited place, Turner said.Shaver attempted to surrender to Austin police last night but was not arrested because the police did not have a record of the warrants, said Turner, who accompanied Shaver. Lorena authorities could not be reached for comment early today.”We’re working with the police to get this resolved,” Turner told the Associated Press. “His priority is dealing with this issue.”The shooting occurred at 8:30 p.m. Saturday outside Papa Joe’s Texas Saloon, according to Lorena police. The victim was shot in the cheek but was talking and alert afterward, police said. He was hospitalized.Turner declined to elaborate or say whether anything occurred inside the bar between Shaver and the victim. He said Shaver did not know the man.Shaver, who lives in Waco, about 15 miles from Lorena, rose to country music stardom in the 1970s.
- Bukit Aman: 455,458 outstanding summonses and arrest warrants for foreigners issued since 2010
- Warrant issued for Nebraska RB Washington
- The Latest: Arrest warrant released in Fort Worth shooting
- – 2,012 offenders issued arrest warrants
- Why Turkey is seeking an international arrest warrant for a Knicks player
- Knicks' Enes Kanter accused of being part of a terror organization; Turkish prosecutors seeking arrest warrant
- Knicks' Enes Kanter accused of being part of a terror organization; Turkish prosecutors seeking arrest warrant, per report
- Gervonta Davis denies police bust-up and insists cops have his full co-operation over arrest
- Adrien Broner arrested days before Christmas for failing to appear in court
- Captain Jack, ‘king of kokanee’ at Shaver Lake, has died. He loved helping people fish
Arrest warrant issued for Shaver after shooting have 314 words, post on www.hollywoodreporter.com at April 4, 2007. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.