On September 26th, Strathmore Minerals President David Miller presented at the Platts Nuclear Fuel Strategies conference, announcing a large percentage jump in U.S. uranium production over the next decade. Presently, domestic production hovers around 3 million pounds of uranium oxide. Miller forecasts U3O8 production could increase to 25 million pounds by 2016 and maintain this pace through the second decade.We talked with Miller about his projections and how he arrived at those numbers. He told us the big surprise would be the return of conventional uranium mining – both underground and open pit deposits. While the in situ recovery (ISR) method might quadruple from the current level of production, conventional mining would overtake ISR over the next seven to nine years. Miller believes by 2015, conventional uranium mining production in the United States might come close to 15 million pounds per year.He also talked about which U.S. states would become the top producers. Miller explained the strong interest in Wyoming and the states’ favorable climate toward uranium mining would keep Wyoming in the Number One spot through 2020. Miller foresees New Mexico becoming the country’s second largest uranium producer, closely followed by Utah. Neither state is currently mining uranium, but… Read full this story
- Anna Victoria Did The 10-Year Challenge To Prove That Transformations Aren’t All About Weight Loss
- Sherri Shepherd Shares Amazing Weight-Loss Photo For The 10-Year Challenge
- Amazon.com: Will you recognize it in 10 years?
- A liver disease you've never heard of is putting 25 million Americans' lives at risk
- Woman who suffered 13 miscarriages in 10 years celebrates 'miracle' baby
- Being Overweight Ages Your Brain By 10 Years, According to New Study
- Nearly A Half-Million Pounds Of Frozen, Cooked Chicken Products Are Being Recalled
- 10 years after federal law to protect insurance coverage of mental illness, advocates question if it's working
- Program aims to recycle 1 million pounds of gadget batteries by October
- 1 Million Pounds of Pork Seized at NJ Port Over African Swine Fever Virus Concerns
U.S. Uranium Mines Could Produce 25 Million Pounds in 10 Years have 318 words, post on ezinearticles.com at October 22, 2006. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.