Police in London, acting in conjunction with Finnish law enforcement authorities, arrested three suspected virus writers on Tuesday. A 63-year-old man in Suffolk, a 28-year-old man in Scotland, and a 19-year-old man in Finland were arrested in connection with “an international conspiracy to infect computers using viruses attached to unsolicited commercial e-mail,” a representative for the Metropolitan Police said. The Metropolitan Computer Crime Unit, the Finnish National Bureau of Investigation (NBI Finland) and the Finnish Pori Police Department collaborated to arrest the men, who are all suspected of being members of the M00P cybercriminal gang. In addition to the suspects’ servers, a number of computers have been seized at residential addresses in England, Scotland and Finland, the Metropolitan Police said. “This highly organized group (is) suspected of writing new computer viruses in order to avoid detection by antivirus products. They have been primarily targeting U.K. businesses since at least 2005, and during this time, thousands of computers are known to have been infected across the globe,” the Metropolitan Police representative said. Antivirus vendors McAfee and Sophos said they believe that the suspects may have been involved in writing a Trojan horse variously known as Stinx, Breplibot and Rykanos. The Trojan… Read full this story
- Rohnert Park Police Arrest Suspect in Ambush Shooting That Wounded 2 Early Saturday
- Mississippi Police Arrest Suspect In McDonald’s Drive-Thru Shooting That Left One Dead
- San Pablo Police Arrest 2 In Connection With Fatal I-80 Freeway Shooting
- Anti-terror police arrest man in his 20s in Cambridge after 'homemade bomb was posted to home in London'
- Police arrest 22-year-old for allegedly killing sister over 'honour'
- Fremont Police Seek Suspected Thief Who Fled From Officers; 2nd Suspect Arrested
- Police Arrest 55-Year Old Transient Man Suspected In String Of Arson Fires In Novato
- Who is Croydon police shooting suspect Louis De Zoysa?
- Birmingham stabbing: Cops arrested suspect in his pyjamas after 1 dead and seven injured in 90-min knife rampage
- Police arrest triple murder suspect in stolen car in Staffordshire village ending six-day manhunt - as 'third victim' is named as woman, 31, from Leamington after mother and son were found dead
Police arrest suspected bot herders have 343 words, post on www.zdnet.com at June 28, 2006. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.