Part 2 The Implication of the Gaian Paradigm to Social InstitutionsThe new Paradigm is a scientific hypothesis which explains many phenomena in cosmic evolution. But it is more than that. It suggest a new worldview or mindset by which humans can examine current phenomena with respect to their long range future. Futurists are no longer dependent on examining history and technological trends. In fact, puncture evolution and self-organizing criticality suggests that new social, as well as physical and biological, phenomena arrive, like an avalanche unpredictably. We may not be able to foretell them with accuracy, but we can examine groups of related social phenomena that are close to chaos. And we can foresee possible future happenings of social importance. This is not unlike the mountaineer’s warnings of avalanches, the meteorologist’s prediction of weather, or the geologist’s foresight of earthquakes. The mathematical accuracy of physics, the model science of the past, applies only to a very limited range of phenomena. Even those, as quantum theory says, are only very highly probable. Nature is nonlinear and unpredictable.Punctuated equilibrium applies equally well to social and cultural evolution as as it does to biologicalevolution. As long as a society is adapted competently to the… Read full this story
- Paradigm President Greg Bestick to Retire
- Paradigm President Greg Bestick Retires
- Influx Movie Adaptation Gets Bloodshot Director David S.F. Wilson
- SonicWall Boundless Cybersecurity Platform Swiftly Providing Remote Workforces with Secure Mobile Access, Defense in ‘New Business Norm’
- Your Online Shopping Habit Is Fueling a Robotics Renaissance
- The dogmas destroying UK steel also inhibit future economic growth
- Moving at the Speed of Strength: How Long to Get Strong?
- Kanye West to Build 'Something the Size of a Spaceship' on Wyoming Ranch, Plus More Revelations
- Revealed: Billboard's 2018 Top Music Lawyers Led By Universal's Jeffrey Harleston
- Kanye West: Kobe Bryant was 'the basketball version of me, I was the rap version of him'
The Gaian Paradigm Part 2 have 311 words, post on ezinearticles.com at October 26, 2005. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.