If not, why is it that in so many plc Boardrooms the number of female Directors can literally be counted on the fingers of one hand, while the number of men run into thousands? Many believe it has be… If not, why is it that in so many plc Boardrooms the number of female Directors can literally be counted on the fingers of one hand, while the number of men run into thousands? Many believe it has become even harder for women to win promotions and hold on to them and that not only is the glass ceiling still very much present but women are also aware of hitting it at an early stage in their careers. Many career orientated females believe that they could break through the glass ceiling and make it to the top of their professions, however, they acknowledge that in so doing they would have to sacrifice much of their personal lives. So it seems that throughout Europe, women are only advancing into senior management grades quite slowly, despite legislative changes designed to create a more level playing field, such as the EU’s Social Protocol covering equal opportunities like equal pay and sex discrimination. Having it… Read full this story
- Former Pinterest executive: ‘I really hit the glass ceiling very hard’
- Citigroup's 'strategic thinker' Fraser breaks glass ceiling
- Citi's Fraser breaks glass ceiling, without shoulder pads
- UPDATE 2-Citigroup's 'strategic thinker' Fraser breaks glass ceiling
- Citigroup’s ‘strategic thinker’ Jane Fraser breaks glass ceiling
- History suggests Barrett won't help Trump with women
- Young Pro-Life Women on Amy Coney Barrett: ‘Role Model for the Woman I Want to Be’
- Joe Biden Says He Would Pull World Cup Funding From U.S. Soccer if Women Are Denied 'Equal Pay'
- Is there a future for women in the national pastime? Baseball player Malaika Underwood hopes so
- Harvard study: Political parties, not voters, hurt ambitious women candidates
Negotiating the glass ceiling – can women get to the very top? have 310 words, post on www.articlesfactory.com at March 14, 2005. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.